You can use Semantik Invoice to match an invoice with a unique vendor from an ERP. The vendor details are then included with your extracted invoice data. This is done by (1) uploading a vendor master list via CSV file, or (2) syncing your vendor list with Semantik via API. (This article covers the 1st option. For more information on the 2nd option, please refer to our API documentation.)
Once set up, Semantik will match a vendor from your list with a vendor on your invoice. To upload a CSV file of your vendor master list, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Settings > Vendors.
2. Click Upload.
3. Read the schema requirements.
4. Click Download template to download the template vendor.csv file.
5. In the vendor.csv file, fill out the appropriate fields for each vendor. Use a new row for each vendor.
Note: The "Name" and "VendorID" fields are mandatory. Semantik uses these fields to match an invoice to a vendor. If your file includes optional fields, any populated data will be sent through the integration after review.
6. If desired, delete any optional columns from the template that don't apply to your invoices. All columns in the vendor.csv file will appear as fields during review, even when empty.
7. Upload the completed vendor.csv file.
8. Click Submit.
Semantik will validate the vendor list.
Once the upload is complete, you will see a card with the current vendor list information.
To update an existing vendor master list, you will need to upload a new list. Any new uploads will overwrite the existing list.
For more information on vendor matching, refer to our FAQs.