This article describes how to use Zapier to automatically update a Google Sheet with extracted invoice table data. Zapier is a workflow automation tool that moves information between web applications using webhooks or APIs, allowing you to connect Semantik Invoice to applications such as Google Sheets.
You will need a Zapier Premium account. For information on a free trial, refer to Zapier's Account & Billing page.
You will need a Google account.
Step 1: Create the Google Sheet
Before creating the webhook and connecting it to Zapier, create a new spreadsheet in your Google Drive or Google Team Drive.
In the blank spreadsheet, add columns for each field you want to be pulled from your invoice. An example is provided below.
Note: These fields don't need to exactly match what is pulled from Semantik, you will map these fields to their JSON equivalent in a later section.
Step 2: Add New Webhook in Semantik
Next, add a new webhook in Semantik Invoice.
1. Go to Settings > Export.
2. Click Add Integration > Webhook.
3. Enter an Integration Name. This will be the name of your webhook.
Step 3: Create the Zap
Finally, make a copy of the Zap template and connect it to Semantik.
1. Go to Webhook → Webhook & Google Sheets.
2. Click Try this Zap to create a copy.
3. The Catch Hook card will automatically expand. Click Set up trigger and copy the Custom Webhook URL.
4. In Semantik, paste the URL in the Destination URL field and click Test.
5. If a connection can be established, click Save.
6. Return to Zapier and click Continue, followed by Test Trigger.
7. If the test was successful, click Continue.
8. Expand the Custom Request card. In the Set up action section, ensure the Method is set to GET, and the URL is set to Table URL.
9. Expand the Test action section and click Test & Review. Zapier will get test data from the sample table URL provided by Semantik.
10. Click Retest & Continue to proceed to the second action, Create Spreadsheet Row(s) in Google Sheets.
11. If you have not done so already, sign in to Google Sheets and click Continue.
12. Select the Spreadsheet and Worksheet created in Step 1: Create the Google Sheet.
13. In the Rows section, map the column names from your spreadsheet to the respective field in Semantik.
a. Click the field.
b. Click Search.
c. Enter the field name.
Note: Each field includes a prefix depending on its location in the JSON schema:
Fields: Standard invoice fields
Rows: Table line items
Vendor: Vendor matching fields (if configured)
14. When you're finished, click Continue.
15. Finally, click Test & Review.
This will populate the spreadsheet with sample data for your review.
16. When you're ready, click Turn on Zap.
You successfully set up a Zapier webhook to automatically update your spreadsheet with extracted invoice data!