This article describes how to create an email forwarding rule that will send incoming invoices to your Semantik tenant for processing.
Note: These instructions are for Gmail accounts. For help creating a forwarding rule with a different email client, please send us a message over Help.
Before you begin, you will need to add the email address you want to create a forwarding rule for to your Semantik tenant. Semantik will only process invoices that are sent or forwarded from an authorized email address. Refer to Setting Email Permissions for steps.
Create Forwarding Rule
Perform the following steps to create a forwarding rule with Gmail:
1. Open Gmail using the account you want to forward messages from. We recommend using an accounting-specific email account where only invoices are sent, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. In the top right, click Settings > See all settings.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. Under Forwarding, click Add a forwarding address.
5. Enter your Semantik tenant email address. You can find this in Semantik under Settings > Import.
6. Click Next > Proceed > OK.
7. A verification message will be sent to the Semantik team. To receive your verification code, please reach out to us in Semantik by clicking Help > Send us a message.
8. Return to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP in Gmail. Enter the verification code you receive from the Semantik team and click Verify.
9. Under Forwarding, select Forward a copy of incoming mail to.
Note: You may need to refresh your page after entering the verification code.
10. Choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We recommend Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox.
11. When you're satisfied, click Save Changes.
You've successfully created a forwarding rule to automatically send invoices to your Semantik tenant.